Mom askes Kid How Church Was: Kid Launches Into Monolouge

     Local mom Katie Hobbs asked her Teenage son, Bill, if he enjoyed church. Bill said that it was fine but Mrs. Hobbs thought something was wrong. "Are you sure it was fine, Bill?" "Yes." After continued pressure from his mom, Bill, respectfully, belted out.

A church showing windows.

    What am I supposed to say, Mom? Oh, I did not like the service where we worship an all-powerful God who has done so much for me. A God who sent his son for me? Am I supposed to say it was dull or boring? I don't want to end up like a stat in that book about kids leaving the church.  

    What am I supposed to say? I have to say that it was fine lest I end up in a five-hour lecture that is more boring than the church service I so dutifully attend.  I hear the same boring stuff over and over. It is so repetitive. However, I sum up my feelings as 'fine' and will not leave the church because I am a true Christian.   

At publishing time, Bill was in a 5 hour lecture. 

Comments